Thursday, April 13, 2006

Buon giorno!

I am at an internet cafe in Florence right now.

heres a quick update of what I have been up to the past 2 days:

theres so much to tell but Ill just say that I finally was able to find Leslie in the airport, it was a little scary there for a minute but we met up in the airport alright. After I flew in, we went into the city of Pisa and saw the leaning tower. then we went to Florence.
we found our hostel, errr campsite finally after a few hours of wandering around Florence (in a big circle might I add.) We are staying at a campsite which is actually pretty nice. we stayed there last night and are staying 2 more nights before we head off to Rome. Saw a beautiful tuscan sunset last night, and we have a great view from our camping site so we woke up early to watch the sunrise. (and then we went back to bed to sleep for a while)
Camping hasnt been too bad and not to mention its super cheap but the only thing is that its really cold. Sooo today I had to buy a sleeping bag which i didnt want to have to fork out the money for but I have 4 more nights of camping and last night it was kind of painful (it got down to 40 degrees!)
so far my impressions are that Italy is beautiful, its everything you expect and then some. I guess if anything I would say that its a very "romantic" place.
I tried to upload a picture but i dont know how to do it on this computer sorry :(
the language barrier has been interesting but not too much of a challenge. a lot of people speak english. and the number of Americans you run into here is really kind of annoying.
well thats all I really have time for right now, but Ill hopefully write again later!


love from Firenze

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home