Saturday, April 22, 2006

home at last!

well, sort of. Cheltenham home. but boy it sure feels like home!

from the abounding number of comments I can tell that you all missed me sooooooo much. And hopefully I still have fans out there somewhere... yes you random xanga stalkers who read and never leave comments, that's you. I expect a little give and take here. I get complaints about not updating, but how am I supposed to believe anyone actually reads this? (christina excluded... thanks trist:)

anyway....
I am finally back in England from an AMAZING spring break. The whole thing, Ireland, Italy, a little taste of Eastern Europe-- it was fantastic! And today, Steph and I, being the good little English majors that we are, went to Stratford-upon-Avon to celebrate Shakespeare's 442nd birthday & pay homage to our favourite playwright. (actually I think we realised how many Shakespeare plays we really don't particularly care for) We went into his birthplace, saw his grave, and saw a little performing in the park next to the river Avon. The town was buzzing because of the festival, and the weather was gorgeous! The only thing that could have made it better was seeing a play at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. But that's for another day. :)

10 days of backpacking in Europe was just enough for me, I think. I was getting pretty tired by the end of it. (and running out of clean clothes.) But thankfully everything went terrifically well-- we made all our trains and got to every place we planned to go with only minor complications... and didn't really have any safety issues. It was evident to me on several occasions that God was taking care of us! Thanks for all your prayers.

I will try to get my pictures us ASAP. There are only 700 or so to sort through... :)

in the meantime I need to do some much-needed laundry; I've been avoiding my backpack since I got home!

hope you all had a wonderful Easter!


love from rainy Cheltenham

3 Comments:

At Sun Apr 23, 07:04:00 PM GMT-6, Blogger Christina said...

Hey AnnBanan -- I know I like Sparta, so we'll see how well that goes over! I miss you...sorry I don't comment often, I saw that I was excluded, but I should be more efficient

 
At Tue Apr 25, 04:10:00 PM GMT-6, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, I admit to being one of the people who read your blog and don't leave comments. I love tracking your adventures!
Gretchen

 
At Fri Apr 28, 11:49:00 AM GMT-6, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
I'm still reading your blog regularly, and no, I never leave comments! However, I do love reading what you're doing.
Many blessings,
'Cousin' Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home